Another year, another fabulous FoodBuzz Festival. I learned some important lessons during FoodBuzz Festival 2010 and this year was no different. Without further ado, here's Lawyer Loves Lunch's Top Ten list:
10) Did you know that in addition to making chocolate, Godiva also makes coffee? And not just coffee but a fabulous Chocolate Truffle Coffee? If they start making shoes, they will have cornered the market on the three loves of my life.
9) Mission Minis has somehow figured out how to condense the flavor of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup into a cupcake they appropriately call the Peanut Butter Kiss.
8) Three Twins Ice Cream has a great story, organic ingredients, and a green business model. More importantly, they have über tasty ice cream (especially the mint confetti, which uses chocolate flakes and not chocolate chips, which always become hardened pellets in ice cream).
7) Hanging out with lawyer foodies (and honorary lawyer foodies) is still awesome.
6) The good folks at J. Lee Roy's BBQ Sauce were serving up meatballs drenched in their mighty tasty BBQ sauce. The sauce was so good, I could have eaten it like a soup. Luckily, they gave me a bottle of their spicy sauce to take home so there may be some delicious, delicious BBQ sauce soup in my future.
5) TCHO is a San Francisco chocolate company that makes a drinking chocolate that tastes like the perfect melted chocolate bar.
4) Nuts covered in spices as varied as rosemary and ajwain. Sounds simple enough. And yet, the nuts from Oren's Kitchen are anything but simple. I should know. I sampled more than my fair share of these tasty little buggers.
3) Foodzie is like an edible Etsy. You want, no NEED, to sign up for their tasting box for the apple juice alone.
2) Sweet offered samples of their crème brûlée on wooden spoons. The crème brûlée was so good, I didn't even mind the splinters in my mouth.
1) Swag? Um, yes please.