Ask any food blogger what the best part of food blogging is, and they'll inevitably tell you about the new friends they've made as a result. Like-minded friends that understand how it's important to capture the perfect picture of a meal before digging in. Friends that can talk about the critical differences between ten kinds of salt. And friends that have at least four recipes for the most perfect chocolate chip cookies. Food blogging has certainly introduced me to those very friends and that's why I was super excited to be partnered with Jean of Lemons and Anchovies for this month's Blogger CLUE challenge (picnic food)!
You see, Jean is not only a food blogging friend that lives in my computer. We're friends that have visited each other's homes, gotten together for holiday cookie swaps, and heck, even made jam together all because we both loved to eat and write about food. Over the years, I've looked forward to Jean's fresh and innovative recipes and her gorgeous photography. She and her husband Dana are avid travelers and foodies, and when I'm stuck at my desk, I live vicariously through her lovely vacation (food) pictures. I knew there were tons of recipes perfect for picnics on her blog. The challenge would be picking one because I love love love picnics!
|We're making jam with our best food blogger buds!|
So I started perusing Jean's blog, pausing on her Coconut Lime Bars, then her Chicken and Mushroom Empanadas, and then I happened on her Asian-Style Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette. It is perfect for a picnic! Leafy but meaty, light but with substance, and most importantly, drenched with a delicious peanut sauce that would be perfect over a giant bowl of noodles. No wait, salad (focus)! Clearly, my carb loving heart will always be true to noodles, but I'm seriously trying hard to get on the salad bandwagon and this is the perfect salad for that plan. It's got so many fresh flavors and textures, you feel like you're eating a real meal instead of just a bowl of leaves. So yes, please make this salad for your next picnic. Your friends and family will love you for it. And if you're feeling adventurous, feel free to make it a noodle salad because well, noodles.
Happy summer y'all! I hope your summer is filled with lots of (backyard) picnics and more importantly, chicken salad with peanut dressing!
For more Blogger CLUE participants, read on!
- (Almost) Nancy's Chopped Salad w/ Oregano Vinaigrette by Heather from girlichef
- Apple Chips by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Barbecue Chicken Salad w/ Smoky Barbecue Vinaigrette by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- California Quinoa Greek Salad;by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Chicken Salad w/ Peanut Dressing by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Chicken Waldorf Salad by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Duck with Pear Wraps + Limeade with Chia Seeds by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Fried Apple Pies by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Green Bean & Corn Salad by Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Date Cookies by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Olive Sables by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares by Anna from annaDishes
- Smoky Pimento Cheese Spread by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Baked Beans + Chickenburger Roll-in-a-Basket by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Thomas Keller's Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kim from Liv Life
- Tuscan Bean Salad by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Watermelon Feta Salad by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- White Bean, Bacon and Rosemary Salad by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva